What to do with leftover chicken that needs to be used? I found myself in the predicament a while back, andI wasn’t sure what to do for dinner. I had chicken enchiladas down-they were already pre-made and in the freezer. However, I needed to use up the chicken from Sunday. So, a searching I went for a recipe I could use. This is what I found- Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti. I of course modified it, as I am apt to do with any recipe I find. Result? Yummy! It is definitely a make again dish. The best part- there is leftovers to go into the freezer for next month. Whoo Hoo! Another big plus- this dinner was way under $5.
Without further ado-here is the recipe.
Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti, broken
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (I used 1/2 Mozzerella, 1/2 colby jack mix)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 strips of bacon crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon oregano, thyme, rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, bacon, spices, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.