This past week, my parents came to visit. The week went by too quickly as it tends to do. It was full, and we kept ourselves busy. A lot of projects got tackled. I love how I am given the choice of which projects to tackle. I finally have a ceiling fan in our master bedroom. Bring on the summer!
The other big project that we set out on was the jungle landscape in the front of our house. It has been a sore spot for me over the past year. When I come in the front, it felt so desperate and most uncared for-which it was. The ground cover was quite thick and over taking things.
When we first looked at the house, I liked the front. Once we got it, I started noticing how overgrown it was. I just didn’t know where to start. I mowed the ground cover last summer, but that made things look worse. This is what it looked like before we started on it last week.
After 3 days of sawing, digging with a pick axe, pulling and tugging, we have this:
I am still digging up roots on the right of the house, and almost done with it. The left of the house will be next. I am thinking, I’ll do one side of landscaping at a time, but not sure how that will play out. At least I have plenty of mulch! 🙂